Soya Bean & Linseed Burgers
Food to help with Menopause Symptoms
BEST SOYA BEANS AND LINSEEDS BURGER EVER
Soya beans, which originated from East Asia, are round and white in colour. Linseeds look like sesame seeds, and you can buy them from any of the major supermarkets. In this recipe we turn them into delicious burgers which are ideal for a vegetarian meal. Serve the burgers in a bun or with salad.
Makes 15 burgers
– 250g. (10 oz) Soya Beans
– 50g (2oz) Linseeds
– 1. onion, chopped
– 2. cloves garlic, crushed
– 1. small red chillies, finely chopped (optional)
– 1. tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
– 1. teaspoon ground cumin
– 1. teaspoon ground coriander
– Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
– 1. egg
– 1. tablespoon lemon juice
– 3. tablespoons plain flour
– 2. teaspoons baking powder
– Oil for cooking
1) Place soya beans in a large glass bowl, cover with water and soak for 24 hours. Change water after 12 hours to keep it fresh.
2) Drain the soya beans and place in a food processor or blender with onion, garlic, chillies and the fresh coriander. Transfer to mixing bowl and fold in the flour and baking powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, pepper, lemon juice and egg. Mix it with your clean hands. Wash your hands when all combined well and shape the mixture into burgers. When you are shaping your burger you need to wet your hand otherwise it will be very sticky.
3) Heat the frying pan with a little oil, put your burger in the pan, put the lid on the frying pan and cook for 2 min on each side being careful not to burn them.